Trusted by over 50,000 learners from
leading companies across Ontario
BENEFITS OF A
Mortgage Broker LICENCE
Advertise as a mortgage broker
Supervise a team of agents
Become a Principal Broker
- Over 60 hours of self-study in phase 1 and a 100-question exam in phase 2 that can be completed at your own pace.
- Instructor access
- Work at your own pace and finish fully online with up to 1 year access.
- Over 60 hours of live webcast instruction and self-study in phase 1 and a 100-question exam in phase 2.
- Choose between a 5 day Mon-Fri (9 am to 5 pm) class or one day per week (9 am to 5 pm) over 5 weeks.
- Over 60 hours of live in-person instruction and self-study in phase 1 and a 100-question exam in phase 2.
- Choose between a 5-day Mon-Fri class (9 am to 5 pm) or one day per week (9 am to 5 pm) over 5 weeks.
What Our Students
are Saying About us
Frequently Asked Questions
A mortgage broker is a professional who deals or trades in mortgages for a licensed mortgage brokerage. They may also be responsible for supervising the activities of one or more mortgage agents (levels 1 and 2).
The course is valid for licensing for 3 years from the date of completion.
Upgrading to a mortgage broker license has never been more convenient. Here is what you need to know about timing:
- Immediately: Registration is now open
- 1 year: Your registration length – you can finish in as little as a week or take up to 1 year
- 2 years: How long your certificate of completion is valid
- Anyone can take this course, but we highly recommend that you are already a licensed mortgage agent level 2
- To get licensed you must pass this course and be licensed for at least 24 of the past 36 months
You should upgrade your license for several reasons:
- Title: if you’re not a mortgage broker you have to market yourself as a mortgage agent level 1 or mortgage agent level 2.
- Knowledge: Knowing the legislation, best practices, and what you can and can’t do will help keep you on the right side of the law. Many contraventions are made due to a lack of understanding or knowledge.
- Opportunity: As a mortgage broker you can be the Principle Broker of a brokerage, the most important compliance role in a brokerage. You can also start your own brokerage and hire and supervise agents.
- Respect: Being a mortgage broker comes with the respect of the industry. We know how much goes into being a broker, from experience to knowledge. You deserve the respect!
In short, NO!
Your tuition includes:
- the course,
- access for up to one year,
- unlimited exam prep attempts,
- 2 examination attempts,
- Exam review analysis report
- a pdf manual,
- a live instructor,
- Message My Teacher in your course,
- and much more!
- If you fail your first examination attempt, there is as $25 rewrite fee for your second attempt
- Free pdf included; Hard textbook is $100
- Extensions from $50
The exam consists of:
- 100 multiple choice questions
- 3 hour time-limit
- 60% grade required to pass
- Exams are online, proctored
- Flexible daliy exam dates and times
- Free exam analysis report is provided to all students